Many developed cities are now very famous only with LED lightings compared with Neon lamps and other lights. The LED light gives a glowing look and beautifies the banners.In the electronic country like China, the glowing LED lamps catches the eye with its royal look throught the street. The Organic Light Emitting Diodes abbreviated as OLED’s are considered to be the future trends. Many coutries had slowly started to move completely to LED and OLED lights.
What is OLED?
The LED is the light conversion device but the emissive electroluminescent layer of LED is made with Inorganic material.The main difference between a normal LED and the OLED is that, the emissive electroluminescent layer of OLED is composed of a film of organic compounds. The layer usually contains a polymer substance that allows suitable organic compounds to be deposited. They are deposited in rows and columns onto a flat carrier by a simple "printing" process. The resulting matrix of pixels can emit light of different colors. The OLED’s does not require the Backlight function.
Difference between OLED and LED
- The main difference between a normal LED and the OLED is that, the emissive electroluminescent layer of OLED is composed of a film of organic compounds.
- In the lighting field, subject to structural constraints, LED light source is a point, and the OLED light source is a plane;
- In the display side, LED display is composed of light-emitting diode array display, So, high-resolution images cannot be displayed, But, OLED display is an electrode substrate formed by lithography materials and can achieve high-resolution images.
The similarity between both is that, it can be applied to the field of display and lighting.
Types of OLED technology
- Active matrix type OLED technology
- Dynamic matrix OLED technology
Active matrix type OLED technology
Active Matrix OLED technology offers a number of key advantages, including high switching speed, excellent viewing angle, vivid colors, low power consumption and competitive costs. Active Matrix OLED technology has been the use of low production efficiency, residual images, the short life and differential color aging hampered by significant adverse factors.
Dynamic matrix OLED technology
Dynamic matrix OLED technology is expected in the competitive FPD market of the small screen made significant market share, including mobile phones and portable digital audio players (MP3 players), car radios, digital cameras and high-resolution head-mounted micro-display screen . Dynamic matrix OLED display and high brightness of the advantages of low power consumption, it should be of particular use in the sun show the products of all ages.
Advantages of OLED and LED lights:
- The OLED lights are cheaper when compared with other ordinary lighting systems.
- It covers a wide range of brightness.
- The Power consumption of LED lights is very less
- A narrow view through lighting is easily possible.
- High contrast
Many flat panel display industry, domestic and foreign experts annotate the OLED technology as "fantastic display technology". Many companies had started to invent new products with LED and OLED lightings. The market graph for this lighting trend is being growing says the world report. The famous companies like Mitsubishi, Philips, Lumiotech(Japan), KMW (Korea), Sony have reached the leading products with this lighting technique. The pictures prove the quality and beauty of the LED and OLED lighting.
- The current consumer electronics products such as , notebook computers, LCD TV , automotive industry are becoming the major application areas of the LED lighting.
- The OLED TV’s are famous now-a-days because of the non-backlight feature of the OLED.
- The OLED’s are used as backlights in most of the mobile phones.
- Reasearch is ongoing to ptoduce flexible OLED lights which can act as a source for various small portable devices.
Want to find out the hot topic of next discussion? Visit again…